Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Noah's 1st Day of School

I can't believe that my little guy is old enough to go to Kindergarten! Here is a recap of this morning's send off...

Noah and I spent a few minutes in his bed this morning discussing how he felt nervous about going to school. He mentioned a couple of times that his stomach felt funny and he had a few moments of anxiety over what was in his backpack, but for the most part he did a great job getting off to school. I had the camera by the front door so that I wouldn't forget to take Noah's picture as he got on the bus. Noah found the camera and took these first two pictures before getting around to the serious business of fixing breakfast and packing his lunch.


caught in my pj's


Ben didn't wake up very well this morning and spent some grumpy moments on the sofa before entering into the fun of the morning.


fixing waffles for breakfast


fixing a sandwich for lunch while Ben finished his breakfast



heading out the door for school




sad face while waiting for the bus


happy face thinking about the fun day ahead


getting on the bus


...and off he goes

After Noah's departure...
Ben and I walked down the road to check out how the other moms and younger siblings were doing. Our friends, the McCoys, were just sending off their oldest daughter.


Ben and Anna have fun waiting for the bus to pick up Jane


Ben, Anna and Kathleen watch Jane get on the bus


Ben took a picture of me walking back to the house feeling a little sad


Ben's teacher, Mrs. LaPrade, came by for a visit to help Ben get ready for preschool. Ben will be starting school next week. This morning he played very well by himself and seemed to enjoy having all of the toys and mom to himself.

I can't wait to hear how Noah's first day went...

No comments:

Post a Comment