Sunday, October 14, 2012

Amazing weekend near Lexington, VA

This weekend was beautiful.  We had perfect weather, an outstanding place to stay and a whole weekend with some of my favorite people (my family).  Thank you to my fantastic Sister-in-law for sharing her family farm with all of us.

Proof that I loved the weekend...I usually take months to write a blog post, but am doing this one less than 24 hrs after getting home.

Here are some pictures of our time together.

the perfect climbing tree with leaves a plenty for the non-climbers as well

Rye and Betsy enjoying the pile of leaves they made

never one to lay around...Rye tackles his cousin

Philip and Noah
Millie and Uncle Bobo observe from the ground

Grace went to the very top of the tree (so glad my boys were not this daring)

Ben models his winter accessories for the camera

on a hike around the farm...On your mark, Get set, Go!  Race Uncle Bobo and Millie up the hill!

Rye and Betsy took a more laid back approach
Rye stopped to contemplate the various plants along the slope

Is that a ball?

Yucky!  Don't eat that!

At the summit!
from left to right (Patsy, Philip, Noah, Ben, Grace, Rye, AB, Betsy, Millie and Bobo)

walking the cow path through the woods

not sure where the path went, but we made it through anyway

We camped out in the yard (sorry I didn't get a shot of all of us in the tent together) and then spent time warming up inside before breakfast.
This is the view from the front yard.  The horses made it in the top 3 favorite things for each of my boys.

I stood right next to a horse's behind to get this shot
Philip and Noah did a great job looking after Rye

what my hair looked like after 3 days without a shower

...and I wasn't the only one with crazy hair, except that this picture doesn't do justice to the matted look on the back of my sister's head (I would like to explain that I was in the process of crossing my eyes when this picture was taken...the reason for my weird expression)

No comments:

Post a Comment