Monday, September 19, 2011

This is where I live!

This weekend I enjoyed taking in some of the beautiful views we have here in Virginia.  On Friday night I headed out on the Appalachian Trail with two fellow adventurers and moms of all boys, Megan and Laura.  We had a great time backpacking a tough section of the AT and spending some time outdoors together.  A big "thank you" to our husbands for making this trip possible.

 Starting off ... matching jackets and all


Our cozy little camp site


This little guy hung out with us at camp for hours.

Megan is all set up for a comfy night's rest. I got to sleep in one of these as well.  
It is my new, favorite way to sleep outdoors.
Laura is getting ready to cook dinner.
  Taking a much deserved break after hiking straight up for 3 miles.

 I don't know how Megan looked so nice after such a hard hike up.  
I'm glad I don't have any pictures to show you of how sweaty and gross I was.  :)


 These are the peaks we just finished climbing.

 And the view from the top.

We had a great trip together.  The weather and companions made it a perfect weekend.


With the boys...
I had so much fun on my girls' trip.  I decided to take the boys on a hike the next day.

 The boys cruised up the trail.  They didn't stop to take a break until we reached the top.

 Both boys had nothing but smiles on their faces.

 Some of the smiles may have been because they packed the snack and included things such as pixie sticks and gum. But I think it was mostly because we had so much fun being outside together.


 Rye spent most of his time climbing on rocks and trying to get too close to the edge.  He didn't really appreciate how far I kept him from the edge of the cliff.  :)

 The bigger boys did get a chance to climb on some rocks.

 And then they were off...back down the mountain in record time.

I even got a shot of me and my little cargo, just to prove that I was actually there.

1 comment:

  1. Peyton - You are SO on top of things (not just multiple mountains!) I need to plaster my blog with photos of YOU on our hike, too! You can look for them in about three months. How sweet that your boys were so smiley on their hike! Plus, I was surprised that Anthony didn't comment on Rye's modeling of the Panthers jersey last post.

    ReplyDelete